Shingles, Whooping Cough & Other Vaccinations
We also offer whooping cough (pertussis) and shingles vaccinations (Shingrix).
Important update on Shingrix vaccine
THERE IS A SEVERE SHORTAGE OF THE FREE SHINGRIX VACCINE AVAILABLE FROM THE GOVERNMENT FOR THOSE AGED 65 AND ABOVE. NOVEMBER'S QUOTA HAS BEEN FULLY ALLOCATED. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT ANY MORE BOOKINGS FOR THOSE AGED 65 AND ABOVE IN NOVEMBER. PLEASE BOOK IN DECEMBER OR LATER. IF ANYTHING CHANGES, IT WILL BE UPDATED HERE.
FOR THOSE WHO HAVE MADE NOVEMBER BOOKINGS, WE WILL CONTACT YOU ONCE WE RECEIVE OUR STOCK.
IF YOU ARE AGED 50 - 64, WE HAVE PLENTY OF STOCK - PLEASE FEEL FREE TO BOOK!
1. From 1 Nov 2023, the shingles vaccine Shingrix will replace Zostavax on the National Immunisation Program (NIP) schedule for the prevention of shingles and post-herpetic neuralgia
2. The 2 dose course of Shingrix will be free* for the following:
- people aged 65 years and older
- First Nations people aged 50 years and older
- Immunocompromised people aged 18^ years & older with the following medical conditions:
- haemopoietic stem cell transplant
- solid organ transplant
- haematological malignancy
- advanced or untreated HIV
3. ^As pharmacist immunisers, we are authorised to administer Shingrix to people aged 50 years and older. Please see your GP if you are eligible for Shingrix and under 50 years old
4.*While the vaccine is provided free of charge from the government, we charge a small fee ($19) to administer your vaccine. This is because we are not paid by the government to provide this service.
5. If you are aged 50 to 64 years old, nothing has changed. You are able to receive Shingrix at the private cost.
6. If you are aged 65 and above, please book your appointment after 7 Nov 2023. This will allow us to obtain the free vaccines from the government. We cannot place an order until 1 Nov 2023. Private stock levels for those aged 50 to 64 years old are not affected.
Please click on the Vaccinations button below to book your appointment.